Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some Updates

Medical Stuff:

They went in for weight checks last Thursday, and both had lost quite a bit. I think they were 5 lbs 4 oz and 6 lbs 8 oz. They both looked jaundiced, so they had to have their bilirubin levels drawn. Cameron's was 15-something, and Jameson's was 19-something. Jameson had to go under the bililights at home for a little over 24 hours. He couldn't get comfortable to sleep well, so that night was a little rough. Their levels the next day were 15-something and 18-something. Both were eating and pooping well at that point, so there was no need for any other interventions.

Jameson under the bili-blanket- our little Glo Worm :)

Photobucket

They both went for weight re-checks yesterday, and our little guy gained beautifully- Cameron was up to 5 lbs 11 oz. This was surprising, as his eating had really dropped off. Even more surprising was that our good little eater, Jameson, only gained a few ounces & is 6 lbs 11 oz. He needs to go back next Wednesday to make sure he gains well this next week.

Another interesting thing that I keep failing to mention is that Cameron has a mucocele on his gum line. It actually looks like he has a natal tooth there. They can resolve on their own, but if it doesn't, eventually, it can be removed by a dentist. I'm still not convinced that there isn't a tooth there, too.

Fun stuff:

I wore them in the Moby for the first time the other afternoon, while Corbin and Daddy were raking leaves. I didn't have the best fit, but next time I know to make it a tighter fit. I'm limiting lifting them together though, until I heal more.

Photobucket

We've started tummy time for at least 30 minutes every night. This helps them to get nice and tired before we go to bed, so that we can sleep for a good 3 hours before we need to wake up and feed them. Here are a few pics from our first tummy time session:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nighttimes haven't been too bad, honestly. I think they are still in that newborn sleepy phase, so it's very tolerable. Once they start to have more alert periods, I foresee this being a lot more challenging.

Also, my friend Lindsay (Linz photography) came over on Sunday to take their newborn photos & a few family photos. She has already sent me the proofs, untouched, and I love them. As soon as I have the time, I will pick out the photos I want made into their birth announcement & choose 8 photos for her to give me the rights to & for her to touch up. I can't wait to share them with you!

No comments: