Wednesday, October 14, 2009

36 Week Appointment

Well, no babies yet! We got back from the OB appointment rather quickly today. My doc was relatively unimpressed with my progress, but seemed impressed on my ability to carry twins so far!

I am 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I was expecting a little more b/c I have had bloody show since Sunday night, but no cigar.

I told him that my water broke with Corbin at 37 weeks, when I was 1 1/2 c, dilated and 80% effaced. He said that he imagined that something simliar would happen this time, too. 37 weeks is only 5 days away! At this point, I could realistically go that far!

Likewise, we talked induction this week, too. He said that at my hospital, he can probably get away with inducing after my 38 week appointment... he thinks.

Great grandpa and grandpa came into town this morning to relieve my mother from Corbin-duty for a few days. It's nice, because they will be spending the night. So, if something happens in the middle of the night, we can just take off to the hospital right then. Jon and I both think that I might go this weekend. At this point, I don't really care honestly. I did avoid the one birthdate I didn't want the kids to have (October 13th). It just sounded too omninous, with October being the "spooky" month and the 13th being a supposedly unlucky number. The 20th would also be cool, because then all of the babies would have been born on a Tuesday the 20th!

No comments: