Wednesday, September 30, 2009

34 Week Appointment

I went for my 34 week appointment today. First, we had an ultrasound & the babies were measuring 5 lbs 1 oz and 5 lbs 4 oz. They both have huge heads & both have hair. The amniotic fluid levels look good & the heartrates were 144 and 147. The best news is that both babies are vertex, which means we get to go for a vaginal birth, which is what I am hoping for. YAY!

I got my cervix checked. I'm now dilated to 2 cm, and baby A is engaged. Things have been feeling weird lately, so I guess that is why. Because I'm 34 weeks, I am not on bedrest or anything, but the doctor doesn't want me out shopping or out of the house for long bouts. He is thinking/hoping I will make it to my next appointment, but not so sure about the next one. He'd love it if I could make it that long, but he is also very pleased that I am in the safe zone now. He did give me instructions to tell labor & delivery to call him directly if I go into labor, as he really wants to be there for the delivery. That kind of makes me think he's going on vacation or something. Well, I will certainly tell them that if it comes to it, I guess. I'm on weekly appts at this point.

I've set some mini goals for myself to help the time go along.

Goal #1- make it to October. This should be easy, seeing as that is tomorrow!
Goal #2- make it past next Tuesday, as I have a hair appointment scheduled
Goal #3- make it to 36 weeks

Since 36 weeks is term for twins, anything past that is just icing on the cake.
Sooo, anyday now, it could happen. We'll see!

No comments: