Sunday, October 5, 2008

All Geared Up

I'm ready for our next cycle to start. I am down to 2 pumps/day now, so this should help my body get back to normal. I am 2 days past ovulation. Of course, I am secretly hoping that we can get pregnant the old fashioned way this cycle, but I think the chances aren't that great.
I've never been to a reproductive endocrinologist (RE), and I hope I never have to. But I do wonder why we have so much trouble TTC (trying to conceive). We know it isn't Jon, but I wonder just what the problem is (egg quality? blocked tube?) An RE might be in our future if we don't conceive via IUI in the next 2 cycles. My OBGYN is seasoned in infertility himself. He and his wife had to have IVF for their 2 children. So I know he won't putz around too much if the next couple of IUI's don't work.
If we were to magically conceive this cycle, the EDD would be June 27th, 2009. Next cycle puts me into July. That is the exact opposite season that Corbin was born in, so I would likely need to get new baby clothes. But I don't care- I will take what I can get!
By the way, I have a large acronym vocabulary, so please forgive me. It's from being on the message boards for too long! EDD is estimated due date. IUI is intrauterine insemination. IVF is in-vitro fertilization. I am sure there is much more jargon to come.

No comments: